It’s time to put a popular misconception to rest: “isn’t WordPress only a blogging platform?” While this used to be the case, according to an article by Tech Crunch, around 22% of newly published websites are built on WordPress. What’s more impressive, one of the most popular publishers is using WordPress as their platform.
Here are 7 things you should know about WordPress:
- With WordPress you don’t have to rebuild your pages every time you want to update your site. Updating your content is quick and simple, as WordPress has dynamic page generation.
- You can get a subdomain for free! After you register with WordPress to obtain a free site, it is simple to name your free subdomain like this: www.yourname.wordpress.org.
- The ‘Famous 5 minute install’. For those who have already purchased and are hosting your domain someplace else, WordPress can be installed quickly and easily. And have no anxiety – coding is not necessary.
- Are there minimum requirements? Yes, if you’re hosting your own website outside of WordPress, there are a few requirements to take into account. To obtain the appropriate support down the road, you will have to be sure you have the correct MySQL and PHP versions on your server.
- There are scores of great looking templates (known as “themes”) available from different sources on the Internet. Many are free, some are not. In either case, finding the right design for your website is easy and quick.
- Managing your web site, posts, media, and all other materials in WordPress can be achieved easily through their user-friendly dashboard. You can even manage multiple users!
- WordPress is e-commerce friendly. There are tons of plugins developed by users to enable you to advertise, review, as well as sell products. This means you don’t need to find other payment systems or other add-ons, they can be found readily within the WordPress community.