Make Your Facebook Page Come to Life
If you’re asking yourself the best way to boost your Facebook page, I’d like to offer you eight solid methods for fast improvement that won’t cost anything but a bit of time. These tips will not only enable you to optimize for Facebook and Google search better, but will also lay the premise for better social interaction, which is where the money is these days.
- Make a Commitment – Facebook takes some time and thought. Many are the marketers who have planned to use a Facebook page for business, and soon abandoned it, which also says something about your company. Make a commitment to post and get involved frequently, or it could be counter-productive!
- Lose the Facebook-generated URL – Make sure you get a custom URL for your Facebook page. This will help greatly with search engine optimization (SEO) or for anyone looking for you.
- Don’t Repeat Your Tweets – Twitter is awesome, but don’t make us live through things twice. Be unique in what you post on your Facebook page. Your extra effort will be rewarded.
- Keep Updates Short and Sweet – Like it or not, folks are into short nowadays. There is a place and time for longer pieces, but generally try to keep posts short – 150 characters or less.
- Deliver Awesome Content – Creating lots of great material that others can use and are talking about and sharing will always be the main goal here.
- Engagement with Your Readers – Don’t be shy about inspiring conversation, asking questions, holding contests or anything else that gets the conversation rolling!
- Be Responsive – Take complaints seriously, and be proactive in response to anyone who asks questions. You can head off a lot of issues by doing this.
- Post Photos – According to Facebook, posts that include a photo album, picture or video generate about 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement than text-only updates, respectively.
Implementing these tips will give you a great start toward making your Facebook page a much more lively place!