Though still a young technology, computer tablets have become one of the most popular items in the tech world since the introduction of the iPad. As the industry has grown, so have the options, with tablets being offered by Microsoft, Android and Motorola. However, popularity doesn’t always equal practicality. The iPad may one day be viewed as an antiquated technology, much in the same way we now see the Atari 2600. When making the decision to buy a tablet, make sure to first consider the pros and cons.
- Tablets are mobile. As business begins to fully utilize cloud computing, having your work remotely accessible becomes a must. A tablet can make you more accessible and, in turn, more productive.
- Tablets can be practical tools. Every day, developers release new and innovative business-related apps. If used correctly, a tablet will let you get more done.
- Tablets communicate ability. Successfully employing a computer tablet as a work tool will let your clients know that you mean business. Taking notes on a tablet during a meeting could increase others’ confidence in your abilities.
- Tablets are a luxury. Whether you own a laptop or a desktop, a tablet isn’t something you absolutely need. Business might advance to a market that requires the use of tablets, but as of now there is generally a less complicated alternative to any function a tablet can complete.
- Tablets are toys. Much like smartphones, tablets are designed to serve as entertainment, making it easy to become distracted with streaming video or games.
- Tablets are a new technology. Though this makes them exciting and cutting edge, it also makes them expensive and sometimes faulty. Developers often release these items before they are perfected, and it might be a few years down the road until a fully reliable tablet is released at a reasonable cost.
Tablets are effective tools that strike a balance between practicality and luxury. Considering the pros and cons will help you decide the value a tablet can offer. If you’d like to learn any more information, please take a look at this article.