Is Your Website Costing You Sales?
It’s hard enough to get traffic and develop a workable sales funnel. Don’t make it harder by shooting yourself in the foot by having a dysfunctional and wholly inefficient website. Small business websites are especially vulnerable to these types of mistakes, as they may not have the technical expertise of larger businesses available to make sure they are properly functional. To that end, below are some tips that will help you make your site appealing and useful to your visitors, and ultimately result in more sales and conversions.
7 Tips for improved website conversion
- Fresh Content – Nothing screams “Let me out of here!” like content that hasn’t been updated since 2010. Updating your sites’ content doesn’t just help you with sales and conversion, but with search rankings also. This applies to products or courses that are no longer available as well. Take them off.
- Lousy website navigation – Make sure that any visitor to your pages can navigate your site effortlessly and efficiently. Have a link to your home page from EVERY page. If you make it hard to get around, they just won’t even try.
- Boring pages – Be sure you use white space liberally. Split up long chunks of text into digestible pieces, and make good use of sub-headlines. (also a search benefit) Don’t litter your pages with ads, since this is another guaranteed way to send visitors packing.
- Have a mobile version of your website – Since we’re in a day and age when more than 50 percent of all of all search traffic comes from a mobile device, wouldn’t it be smart to have a mobile version? Just sayin…
- Too Much Flash – There are two major problems with Flash. Simply put, cram enough of it on your page and it’ll take eons to load. Also, Google has a tough time indexing flash.
- Broken Links – If you have broken links that don’t get the visitor where they want to go, they just go elsewhere!
- Calls to Action – Probably the number one conversion killer is not having strong and effective calls to action, and in most cases more than one!
This is but a short list, but definitely plenty to get you on the right track. Don’t make it more challenging than it is: optimize your site today!